Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Monday, February 28, 2011

So why is it….




That on the weekends, I wake right up as if someone shouted at me…and I mean ALWAYS!....it doesn’t matter if I go to bed on Friday night at 11pm or 3am (umm, yes it does still sometimes happen, I don’t always remember my age!), I wake up at 7 something, it might be 7:10am or 7:50am, but either way, if I stay up late I don’t get much sleep….But on Monday mornings, or any other weekday morning for that matter….when my alarm goes off at 6 something, you would think it was the middle of the night, I have to hit that snooze several times, what is up with that??  And you ask…exactly what does that have to do with food, cooking and Weight Watchers?  Well a whole bunch of nothing, but it is my way of saying…HOLY SLOW MONDAY, and here’s a yummy slow cooker recipe for ya!  Have a great week!



Slow Cooker Cajun Seasoned Chicken 
6 Points Plus
4 Servings

Ingredients

3 slices uncooked turkey bacon    
1/2 c green peppers, chopped    
1/4 c raw onion, chopped (chopped)    
1/4 c celery, chopped    
4 skinless chicken thighs
2 t Cajun seasoning    
14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained    
2 2/3 c water    
1 1/3 c dry instant long-grain white rice    

Instructions

1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Add bell pepper, onion and celery; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. With slotted spoon, spoon bacon and vegetables into 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning; place in same skillet. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides. Arrange chicken and any remaining drippings over vegetables in slow cooker. Pour tomatoes over chicken. Stir in remaining teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
4. About 30 minutes before serving time, cook rice in water as directed on package. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.

Note:  I wouldn't try to change this to chicken breast, I think it will be all dried out!

Originally from Betty Crocker website (via email), modified by me 2-28-11

No comments:

Post a Comment