Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So being the random kind of chica that I am…



I had the same lunch as yesterday, however instead of Italian dressing I used Newman’s own Lowfat Sesame Ginger Dressing (and counted the points of course!) and boy was it yummy!! This is a great and flavorful dressing with a nice asian feel.  If you happen to be eating at McDonald’s, YES I KNOW I SHOULDN’T – BUT SOMETIMES I JUST CAN’T HELP IT OK!, you can get this exact dressing with a nice grilled chicken salad and get the good without the guilt (I am all about that, let me tell you!!!). 

I am going to talk about something else a little off topic today, but relevant I think,  wondering if I can get any feedback.  Like most of you, I work full time and so by the time I get home at 5:30 or so it has been a long day and as much as I love to cook, it sometimes seems that it takes forever to get a meal on the table…being that I am not a great meal planner (as in planning a menu for the week) I find that if I do a little bulk cooking and put things in the freezer it sometimes makes things easier…for instance…

When ground beef (only the very leanest please) is on sale, I buy lots and lots and cook it up crumbled, sometimes with onions and/or green peppers.  I then use my handy dandy little WW food scale, weigh it, put it in a zipper bag, mark it with the date, and freeze it.  I also make taco meat ahead of time like this as well.  It makes for an easy casserole night!  I do this with very lean ground turkey sometimes as well, so I have saved time, money and POINTS!  Very cool huh??   Another thing I haven’t done yet but am looking forward to trying, (this I borrowed from one of my other favorite sites, www.sarahsdeals.net , she does the beef thing I believe also, but I have been doing that one for awhile, myself) is getting my boneless skinless chicken breast, on sale, not frozen and freezing it in the right portions for a meal, with some sort of marinade right in the bag!  How cool is that, pull it out of the freezer to thaw while you are at work and it is marinating at the same time!

Well that’s all I have today…feel free to give me some of your bulk/cooking ahead tips also!
 
Be sure to check out Sarah’s site also if you like saving money…umm is there anybody that doesn’t??  I want to meet them…I probably need them to adopt me….



No comments:

Post a Comment