Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble – NO DON’T!!! I AM KIDDING!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  The holidays are starting, and for a “foodaholic” such as me-self, this is a scary, scary thing!  I mean I love food and I am not using the term love lightly here either folks!  I love to eat, I love to cook good stuff, I just hate being fat!!  I have to wonder sometimes why life just couldn’t be simple…I could sit around on my arse eating Bon Bons’ (ok, realistically for me it would be CHEESE) all day and have the body of say…Jessica Alba, or one of those Sports Illustrated swimsuit chicks…never mind that I have a good twenty years on them (no comments from the peanut gallery, here lets just use that nice round number!)…but it just ain’t gonna happen friends, which brings us all here! 
 
Any thoughts or feelings on the new plan?  I think maybe we will be thrilled with the fact that we get more food in a day….and can still lose weight!
 
How about a little on the side today for Turkey Day – settle down – I meant side dishes!!  It is Sideways Wednesday after all….
 
Oh and if you are making pumpkin pie, don’t forget to check the blog for that fabulous low point recipe I put up awhile ago! 
 
Cranberry Pineapple Sauce 
1 Points Plus (1 Point-old system)
12 Servings

Makes 3 Cups
 
Ingredients
 
8 oz cranberries    
20 oz canned pineapple, packed in juice    
1/3 c SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, or sugar - doesn't change the points value!    
 
Instructions
 
Drain liquid from pineapples into a measuring cup. Add water so that you have a total of 1 cup liquid. Add to sauce pan with Splenda and bring to a boil.
Place cranberries in a food processor or chopper and chop fine. Add to pan and stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick (about 10 minutes).
Place pineapple in a food processor and chop. Add crushed pineapples to cranberry sauce and cook one more minute.
Allow to cool then place in a covered container and refrigerate overnight.
 
www.skinnytaste.com

No comments:

Post a Comment