Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sloooowww Monday anyone?



I say that because I am feeling slow, DESPITE THE FACT that I set my alarm for 5:45 (I know, right – middle of the night!!) and got up and walked 20 minutes on the treadmill!! While I know 20 minutes might not seem like much BUT BELIEVE YOU ME AT NOT EVEN 6 AM FOR A PERSON THAT HAS NEVER REALLY EXERCISED REGULARLY….IT’S A MILESTONE!.  I have also been on it every day since Thursday, except Saturday day when I took an actual bike ride with the family (yes on real bikes, OUTDOORS!).

My good news for the week is that I was down a whopping 2.2lbs for a total of 38.2!! I am hoping to hit 40 this week!!  Another thing I was just realizing is that I have now been back on plan for over a year straight!  Do ya think maybe I am starting to figure out that I have to live the plan, not just use it when I need/want it and then toss it aside…. Does anybody else have any milestones they would like to shout out....I am all for acknowledging a "mile-pebble" THEY ARE ALL MILESTONES IN MY BOOK!! 

Here is a little slow fun for you…have I mentioned that I need a new one, you know, the kind with the probe and the auto-shift setting thinamajiggy, do any of you have those kind?  I am sometimes frustrated with overcooked food after my 10 hour absence on a regular work day!


Shall we get a little spicy today?

Buffalo Chicken Breasts
4 Points Plus
4 Servings

2 Chicken, breasts, raw, without skin & bone, split into 4 pieces  
1/4 c hot pepper sauce (I like Frank's!)
2 T vinegar  
2 T light butter  
1 t paprika  

Instructions

Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
I would recommend a smaller slow cooker, just enough for everything to fit!
Substitution, you can also use Worcestershire instead of vinegar!

No comments:

Post a Comment