Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I never said I was very bright…


So I have been YO-YO-ing on the scale for the last couple of weeks, and have been completely clueless (SEE ABOVE!) as to why…and then yesterday after work as I am picking up my daughter from daycare, another mom, says to me, “So how do you like your new 26 Points Plus points?”  Well I am guessing that I must have looked like a bit of an idiot as I said “Huh? What?” 

The point here is that up until yesterday at about 5:30 pm I had still been eating my 29 points everyday!! Ummmm how in the world could have I have missed that in the meeting??? And better yet, how could I have missed the BIG NUMBERS up in the left corner of my e-tools screen EVERYDAY, FOR, OH I DON’T KNOW, MORE THAN A MONTH??!!!   

Do you think I need to retire my blog if I am that out of touch?? WELL I AM NOT GONNA, but boy do I feel STUPID!!  I will just be getting’ back on the proverbial horse again….whew sometimes life in Julieland is ROUGH!!  But the good news is….IT’S CHEESE DAY!
                                  
This one is coming straight from our friend Lisa Lillien AKA The Hungry Girl and considering Super Bowl is right around the corner you might want to think about party planning, remember what I said last year?  Super Bowl doesn’t have to be Super Fat!

Hungry Girl calls these:
Potato Wins!
6 Points Plus
4 Servings

Ingredients:
4 medium-small baking potatoes (8 - 9 oz. each)
3 slices turkey bacon
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped scallions

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
Pierce potatoes several times with a fork, and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 5 minutes, until potatoes begin to soften.
Carefully turn potatoes over, and microwave for 5 - 8 minutes, until soft on all sides.
Once cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to gently scoop out the bulk of the inside flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch inside the skin. (Save the scooped potato flesh for another use.) Place the empty potato shells on the baking sheet.
Bake in the oven until crispy, 12 - 15 minutes. Then remove from the oven, but leave the oven on.
Meanwhile, prepare bacon in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. (Refer to package instructions for exact cook time and temperature.) Once cool enough to handle, chop or crumble and set aside.
Evenly distribute cheese and bacon among the potato skins. Return to the oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
Immediately sprinkle with scallions and serve with sour cream for dipping. YUM! (Add those points in though, I didn't count the sour cream!)

No comments:

Post a Comment