Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I don’t know about you, but I now wear Bi-Focals, in contact lens form thank you very much, I am evidently still too vain to put the darn spectacles on!

No age cracks please…I am very fragile!  Ok, ok, so that isn’t exactly true…but I still have a feeling or two left!!  Boy do I know how to segue or what? 

My point, (I think), is that spinach is rich in a chemical called Lutein, which is good for eye health!  Spinach is rich in Niacin and Zinc and is also a good source of Vitamin’s A, C, E and K, thiamin, riboflavin, B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, copper, potassium and manganese, NOT TO MENTION FIBER!!!  And also in the trivia department, Spinach has long been linked to prosperity. Eat spinach and increase your chances of making more money!

Spinach is a favorite of mine, not only is it great in salads, it is fabulous when added to pasta dishes to give a little more volume and not a bunch of extra points!  (I am all about that my friends!)   I actually made up another recipe last night for dinner (involving spinach of course) and it was scrumptious!!  know it is Sideways Wednesday, (It is Wednesday, right?) but maybe I will post that today as well even though it is a Main Dish, the heck with it, I am just gonna go ahead and break the rules today! Dare me? Huh, do ya?

This recipe is a "Julie" original, the spinach wasn't all the way dry the first time I made this and so the kids thought that it already had dressing on it and didn't use any extra! They were practically licking the bowl clean on this one.


Spinach Salad 
1 Points Plus (1 Point-old system)
8 Servings

Ingredients

2 c tomatoes    
1/4 c part-skim mozzarella cheese    
1/2 c Hormel Bacon Pieces    
1/4 c cheddar, shredded fat free    
5 c spinach, fresh    

Instructions

Rinse spinach and dry well. Toss all ingredients in salad bowl and serve. Count points for your dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment