Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Warm, Melty cheese – is there life after cheese by the way?

Can I get an Amen on that one?  All kidding aside, I am not really that obsessed with cheese am I?  ONCE AGAIN a rhetorical question, no need to confirm my fears here!  I must be the queen of comfort food, but now my focus is changing (that’s a good thing) and I want the most taste for the least points!

I heard in a meeting one time in regard to putting cheese on things like tacos, “if you can’t taste it, don’t waste it”.  Meaning, for instance, that on a taco, with the right other ingredients you can’t really “taste” the cheese, you just want it, so why waste the points!  Brilliant, I say! 


Philly Chicken Cheese Steaks 
8 Points Plus (6 Points-old system)
4 Servings
 
Philadelphia's favorite street food with a twist—lean chicken instead of fatty beef. We used reduced-fat American cheese but any light cheese can be used in its place.

Ingredients

 1 T vegetable oil    
 1 medium onion, thinly sliced    
 1 lbs uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded, cut into strips    
 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced    
 1/2 t table salt    
 1/8 t black pepper    
 4 reduced-calorie hot dog buns
 4 slices 2% Milk Singles Reduced-Fat Pasteurized American Cheese Food, or other brand    

Instructions

In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion until browned and very soft, about 10 minutes. Add chicken and pepper and saute until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about to 5 to 8 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.

Toast buns; spoon chicken mixture down center of each one. Place a slice of cheese in each bun and and close bun to help cheese melt slightly.

Yields 1 cheese steak per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment