Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Two for Tuesday today! Both Cheesy of course!

I am having a Miche Bag party this Friday and was looking for some recipes to serve my guests that are Point friendly! By the way I can’t wait to get my new purse, I am so going to throw my old one out in the driveway and run it over with my Jeep!! Oh wait, I did tell my 8 year old she could have it…

This spicy dip is waistline-friendly. Serve it with baked tortilla chips or Jicama sticks. So, if you are anything like me, you have no earthly idea what Jicama is!!! So, Google girl that I am, here is what I found!

Jícama (pronounced HEE-kah-mah) is a large, bulbous root vegetable which you may have overlooked at the market. It has a thin, brown, fibrous skin and its flesh is white and crunchy, very similar to water chestnut. It has a sweet, almost nutty flavor. It is often referred to as a Mexican potato or Mexican turnip.

Jícama can be eaten raw or cooked. I probably use it more frequently raw than cooked. I like to julienne it and serve it in salads for added crunch or on a crudités platter for something different. Or you can shred it (a mandoline works great with the smallest julienne blade) and make a unique slaw.

A very common way to eat jícama is to slice it like fries, sprinkle it with chili powder and salt and squeeze with some fresh lime. Yum!

When cooked, it retains its crispness. Since it has such a mild flavor, it can add crunchiness to a variety of dishes. Try dicing it and adding to chili, stew or stir-fry. Or finely diced and added to a crab or fish cake. Its juicy crispness compliments spicy dishes well. It is a great addition to a spring roll.

From: http://prestochef.blogspot.com/2009/03/jicama-stick-mas.html

Chili Party Dip
1 Points Plus (1 Point-old system)
10 Servings

Ingredients

15 oz canned turkey chili without beans
8 oz fat-free cream cheese
4 oz canned jalapeno peppers
1 small onion(s), finely chopped
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce

Instructions

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.

Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts, about 10 minutes. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.

© 2010 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2010 WeightWatchers

No comments:

Post a Comment