Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Monday, November 15, 2010

What a find!

Two point slow cooker pasta sauce!  I haven’t tried this one yet, but I think it sounds fab!  Lots of homework tonight peeps so I gotta be brief (brief, another allusion to our future tiny selves!)  The best part about this one is that it can go for 12-18 hours on low!  I love my slow cooker but sometimes I just have a bunch of mush when I leave something in it all day while I am working, this one is designed for that!! BONUS!!

Italian Vegetable Pasta Sauce 
3 Points Plus (2 Points-old system)
8 Servings

Ingredients

3 T olive oil    
1 c parsley, fresh, chopped    
3 medium stalks celery, chopped    
1 medium onions, chopped    
2 cloves garlic, minced    
1/2 t dried rosemary, or, 2-inch sprig fresh rosemary    
1/2 t dried sage    
32 oz canned tomato sauce    
32 oz canned tomatoes, diced    
1 T cayenne pepper    
1/4 lb mushrooms, sliced, or 8 oz canned    
1 1/2 tsp table salt     

Instructions

Makes 2 quarts Sauce
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 5-18 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-5-qt.

1. Heat oil in skillet. Add parsley, celery, onion, garlic, rosemary, and sage. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Place in slow cooker.

2. Add tomatoes, chili pepper, mushrooms, and salt.

3. Cover. Cook on Low 12-18 hours, or on High 5-6 hours.

Variation:

Add 1 lb. browned 90 % lean ground beef to olive oil and sautéed vegetables. (makes this 4 points a serving!) Continue with recipe.

Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook, p. 495
Sherril Bieberly, Salina, KS

No comments:

Post a Comment