Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hi, my name is Julie and I haven’t had any cheese in almost 24 hours….

And I am just trying to get through one day at a time…just kidding…it’s not (IT IS SO!) that bad….

This feels like it should be full of cheese…but I am going to wean you (me) off cheese (just today, cuz I know I can’t take it forever!) No really, I think that it would do you (me) a little (a lot!) of good (more than you can imagine) to enjoy (find comfort) food (my drug of choice) that is a little healthier (not oozing with fat and cheese)!  What do you think? Can you (I) do it?  Don’t worry (I am terrified), I will be right here to help (I am counting on you to help me with my grief over cheese)! 

The good news is – I made this one up, so it’s tried and true!  I love it and so did everyone else!  Tip: USE FRESH PARMESAN CHEESE – IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!


Spinach and Bowtie Casserole 
7 Points Plus (6 Points-old system)
8 Servings

Ingredients

12 oz uncooked bow ties    
26 oz Spaghetti/pasta sauce    
1 medium onions, chopped    
1 c mushrooms, sliced    
2 cloves garlic, minced    
1 c canned tomato sauce    
1 oz FRESH Parmesan cheese, grated and divided    
1 c part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided    
8 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 servings Jennie-O Turkey Store Lean Italian sausage link, sweet    

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350.
Cook pasta according to package directions

Brown sausage after removing casing, with onion

Add pasta and tomato sauce to sausage mixture. Add mushrooms and garlic, simmer for a few minutes

Mix all ingredients, including half of the cheeses and bake about 15 minutes
Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until melted.
Made up by me 11-2-10

No comments:

Post a Comment