Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Well, I am feeling better for the most part, thanks for all the well wishes!

I am left with a big pain in the neck, and I mean that literally!  I either slept wrong or my chest cold/flu is just giving me a big pain! 

One of my favorite things about Fall is Pumpkin Pie!  I have been making pumpkin from real pumpkins for about 15 years, because it really is about a hundred times better!  I “skinnied” it down a few years ago during my first foray here into Weight Watchers and it is pretty fabulous for only 3 points if I do say so myself! 

The best way to do real pumpkins is take 2 small pumpkins, scoop out the seeds without being terribly picky about cleaning all strings out and then cut them into chunks, cutting the skin off at the same time.  Boil pumpkin until soft and drain well. Run through the food processor and then freeze in 2 cup portions in a Ziploc bag.  You can also bake or microwave cleaned halves with the skin on it and then scoop out the pumpkin and freeze. 

With this method you can have anything pumpkin throughout the whole year!  Two small pumpkins yields about 8 cups of cooked pumpkin.  Enjoy!


World’s Best Pumpkin Pie
4 Points Plus (3 Points-old system)
8 Servings


INGREDIENTS:

1 cups pumpkin purée, canned or freshly prepared (fresh is best! You wouldn’t believe the difference it makes!)

1 unbaked pie crust (the rolled up kind)
2/3 c splenda
1/4 c egg beaters
2/3 c fat free milk
1/4 t. salt
1 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t ground ginger
1/4 t grated nutmeg
1/8 t ground cloves


DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
  2. Prepare pie shell if necessary
  3. In a large bowl, combine ingredient and mix well until smooth.
  4. Pour pumpkin filling into pie shell.
  5. Cover the edge of pie with foil.
  6. Bake pie for 15 minutes then remove foil.
  7. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for an additional 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
  8. Cool slightly on wire rack.
  9. Serve warm or chilled.
  10. Top with fat free sweetened whipped cream, but add the points!

No comments:

Post a Comment