Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holy Slow Monday! It’s Tuesday already!

Well I am finally getting back to the land of the living!  It would have probably helped if I could stay home and rest, but as a working mom, I feel like I have to save those sick days for when my kiddo is under the weather, you know what I mean!?  Anywhooo…’nuff whining!  Here is a Slow Cooker recipe that I should have gotten you yesterday, but better late than never!  I haven’t tried this one, but I plan on it this weekend!  Let me know if you do!


Crock pot Italian Sausage and Peppers
6 Points Plus (5 Points-old system)
8 Servings


Ingredients

2 medium Spanish onion, chopped    
2 lb Lean Italian sausage link, sweet or hot    
1 medium green pepper, cut into 2" pieces    
1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2" pieces    
1 large yellow pepper, cut into 2" pieces    
1 medium yellow pepper, cut into 2" pieces    
2 Whole bay leaves    
4 cloves garlic, minced    
14 oz canned tomatoes, un-drained    
6 oz canned tomato paste    
1/2 c red wine, dry, or water    
1 T dried parsley    
1/2 t dried oregano    
1/2 t dried basil    
1/2 t table salt    
1/8 t white pepper, or black    

Instructions

Cook turkey sausage in heavy skillet over medium heat until browned, turning occasionally. Layer half of the onions on bottom of 3-4 quart crock pot and add half of the peppers. Add all of the browned turkey sausage, then the rest of the onions and peppers. Add bay leaves and garlic.
Combine diced un-drained tomatoes, tomato paste, and red wine in small bowl and mix well, to blend. Pour over mixture in crock pot. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
One hour before mixture is done, mix together parsley, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper. Add to crock pot and stir well. Cover and cook one more hour until sausage is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment