Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sufferin’ Succotash….

Does anybody actually know what Succotash is?? Ok, at 46 years old I can say that, I DO, I DO, I DO!  But…I only learned 2 days ago!  I was looking for a recipe online to go with the Edamame I picked up at the grocery store this last week, when I was feeling particularly healthy conscious and happy about my plan…so what if it was that same day that I weighed in and I was feeling just a little bit smug and superior…not over anyone else mind you, just over my regular little (not so little yet) gluttonous self! 

So I have been hearing about Edamame and had no earthly idea what is was…but it is soybeans!  Bravely I bought some and then set to finding something I could make with them.  I bought the packaged, shelled kind in the refrigerator/produce section.  I made this recipe on Monday and actually had some of it leftover for lunch today…I have to say, surprising myself a little…I really liked it!


Edamame Succotash
3 Points Plus (2 Points-old system)
8 Servings

Olive oil spray
½ c diced onion
12 oz shelled Edamame
2 c frozen corn, thawed
2 large ripe plum tomatoes, diced
½ t salt
¼ t freshly ground pepper
1 T dried basil (or 3 T fresh)

1. Spray skillet and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering, but not smoking. Add the onion and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.  Add edamame and corn, and cook, stirring often, until corn is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.

2. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.

3. Off heat, stir in the basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment