Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Monday, January 24, 2011

Which road are you gonna take?



I have had a pretty rough weekend staying on plan…but I have a fab find for you!  My boyfriend’s birthday is today and we went out together on Saturday night, then went out as a family for dinner tonight, so you can see where I might be in a bit of trouble this week…Since he loves Olive Garden I agreed…thinking I was going to have to eat me a whole bunch of salad WITHOUT the regular OG dressing (that I love by the way – and is WAY fattening!) 

But here is what a little research and preparation will get you!  (OG doesn’t list protein in their nutritional info – so you have to be a little creative and figure it out yourself from whatever sources of proteins are in the dishes you choose).  I chose Venetian Apricot Chicken (Grilled chicken breast in an apricot citrus sauce, served with broccoli, asparagus and diced tomatoes.) for a total of 9 Points Plus! Umm and it was YUMMY! (Can you hold on a minute while I finish patting myself on the back please?!!?)  No, but seriously, this is not bad my fellow foodies!!! I also filled up on salad (which I had them bring with the dressing on the side so I could have the low-fat version) and only ate half of my dinner and get the rest tomorrow for lunch!

Considering that the entrée’s that I would have normally chosen would come in at, oh say AROUND 21 Points Plus for Stuffed Chicken Marsala, or ummm 34 Points Plus for Fettucine Alfredo…or let’s see, I was thinking of something without meat that might be less points… Ravioli di Portobello has 19 Points Plus!  The b/f had Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo (WHICH I WILL ADMIT TO TASTING – AND IT IS PRETTY D#%M GOOD!…but for 35 Points Plus, I was able to pass it up…THANK THE LORD FOR SMALL FAVORS! 

That skinny chick inside of me might just bust her way out yet!!  Have a great week and after I get my homework done I will try to come up with something yummy for Slow Monday if I have time…if not then peace out peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment