Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It’s cheese day again! Finally!


Did you ever think we would get here again?  I was starting to wonder about it myself and I write this thing!  I just had a hankering (hankering?  I don’t even know where that word came from!!) for something creamy and “comfort foodish”.  So you know I had to get busy inventing something that I could eat!  It’s a darn good thing I love to cook!  What I came up with I do believe you will enjoy, cuz I did and in case you forgot since It has been so long…I LOVE CHEESE.  This one came out T-riffic!  


On another note, today is exercise day again (my significant other said I should start out, one day on and one day off and then move up from there, and since I am fitness challenged and he isn’t, I am listening to him!) and get this, I am kind of excited to do it again tonight!  (EXERCISE I MEAN – WEREN’T YOU PAYING ATTENTION?)  I will let you know how it goes , but I am OPTIMISTIC!


What’s going on in your world?  Any victories?  Anything you need help or propping up on? Hit me up and will do what I can to help!


Creamy Chicken, Mac and Cheese
6 PointsPlus
10 Servings


Ingredients


6 C cooked macaroni  
1 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), chopped  
4 oz canned mushrooms  
8 serving(s) Southeastern Mills Cheddar Cheese Sauce-1/4 cup serving (1 envelope)
1 t onion powder  
1 t garlic powder  
1 medium uncooked onion, chopped  
3/4 C Reduced fat mild cheddar shredded cheese  
3/4 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Sharp  
1 3/4 C water, (for the cheese sauce)  

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile in another pan cook one large chicken breast in sprayed pan with the chopped onion until done. Make cheese sauce according to package directions.
Rinse pasta and in large bowl add mushrooms, chicken and cheese sauce.
Mix thoroughly and add salt, and/or pepper as needed.
Mix in the other cheese and bake about 15 minutes or until all the cheddar is melted.
Made up by me on 1-9-12! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment