Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Friday, January 13, 2012

Ok, so we all know I love CHEESE…and PIZZA…and….



Ummm, most everything!  Well you get the idea, it is no wonder I am having such trouble not being FAT sometimes!  Do you feel me here?  I mean, I really love FOOD, lots of different kinds!!  Right this moment, and by that I mean the last few MONTHS, I am really struggling with myself about sticking to plan, I mean I REALLY REALLY want to, and also want to lose the rest of my weight, but sometimes, I just don’t!!   

I am really trying my best this week though and just to show my commitment – here are two, yes I said TWO Fiesta Friday recipes!!

ENJOY!

Loaded Mexican Pizza
4 PointsPlus
6 Servings

Ingredients

15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained  
1 medium uncooked red onion, chopped  
1 small yellow pepper, chopped  
3 tsp chili powder  
3/4 tsp ground cumin  
3 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped  
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped  
1 medium garlic clove, minced  
2 C fresh spinach  
1 T dried coriander leaf  
1/8 t hot pepper sauce, to taste  
1/3 C low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese  
1/3 C shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese  
2 large fat-free flour tortilla

In a small bowl, mash black beans. Stir in the onion, yellow pepper, chili powder and cumin.
In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno and garlic.
Place one tortilla on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with  one third bean mixture. 
Top with the other tortilla and spread the rest of bean mixture on.  Top with tomato mixture and spinach. Sprinkle with cilantro, pepper sauce and cheeses.
Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Modified by me 1-13-12!

Mexican Chicken Casserole
7 Points Plus
4 Servings

Ingredients

3/4 lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into bite size pieces  
1 t ground cumin  
1 medium green pepper, chopped  
1 1/2 C fat free salsa, chunky style  
15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed  
1 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped  
2 whole wheat 6"tortilla 
1/2 C 2% Shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend   
4 T fat-free cream cheese   

Instructions

HEAT oven to 375F. COOK and stir chicken and cumin in nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 2 min. Add peppers; cook 2 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa; cook 2 min. Add cream cheese, cook 2 min. or until melted. Stir in beans and tomatoes.
SPOON 1/3 of chicken mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; cover with 1 tortilla and half each of the remaining chicken mixture and shredded cheese. Top with remaining tortilla and chicken mixture; cover.
 BAKE 20 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted.
From ww.kraftrecipes.com Modified by me 1-13-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment