Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Monday, January 9, 2012

Ok 20 minutes on my new exercise thingy yesterday…



And that might not seem like much to you…however remember that I am lifting my own BODY WEIGHT each time I pull…and that is not exactly a SMALL NUMBER!!  So anyway I am tooting my own horn today I guess (I can’t pat myself on the back because, ummm I can’t reach it right now, I might be a little stiff) The important factor is that I am getting started and trying to motivate!  I have also been trying to do the WII also, (hula hooping is my personal fave) and I can actually whip my nine year old daughter on that one!   

Saturday night I made a great new soup (more like chili in my book, but details, schmetails) and it was pretty darn good! 

Tell me what’s going on in your world? I am really feeling alone in my WW journey at this point and need some feedback and interaction!

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
4 Points Plus
10 Servings


Ingredients

1 medium uncooked onion, chopped  
15 oz canned chili beans  
15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed  
15 oz canned yellow corn, drained  
8 oz canned tomato sauce  
12 fl oz light beer  (you could replace this with some chicken stock or broth if you like, just be sure to recalc your points.) I liked the flavor this added though!
20 oz Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies  
1 1/4 oz reduced-sodium taco seasoning  
1 breast(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken
breast(s), split - large  

Instructions

Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.

 *Serve topped with
shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if
desired.

*Make sure to count points for these! They are not added in!

From www.allrecipes.com modified by me 1-7-12

No comments:

Post a Comment