Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spinach…it’s whats for dinner!

Ok, I needed something easy and “comfort food-ish”last night…and well being Fat Tuesday Eve, I mean Cheese day Eve, OK IT WAS JUST MONDAY!  I created this delectable casserole (that I don’t mind telling you I am having a half serving of for lunch today  with a salad also!) for you to try out!  It was Yummo!!!

My 9 year old girl who goes through those picky stages (Her: “Mom I don’t like mushrooms” Me: ”Really, that is a surprise to me honey…”  Her: “Well, I only like them on pizza” Her:  “Mom, I don’t like sausage” Me “Really, I didn’t know that honey…” Her: “Well, I only like it for breakfast…” ) Ok, you get the idea…I could go on like this ALL DAY!!)  I have to say if I like something, I like it, not just on Tuesdays, or not one week and not the rest…see what I mean?  I could fill a whole post with these food conditions that come to think of it might be conducive to
losing weight, maybe she is on to something?? Say if I only ate cheese on Tuesdays…then only chocolate cake on Wednesdays…oh never mind…

Try this one for yourself and tell me what you think!


Creamy Spinach Alfredo with Chicken Sausage
8 PointsPlus Value
8 Servings (because there was a lot more of this than you would think!)


Ingredients

12 oz alfredo sauce, light
1/4 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese  
4 oz canned mushrooms 
1/2 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped  
2 tsp minced garlic  
13.25 oz box Whole Grain Penne, pasta  
1/4 cup(s) reduced fat parmesan cheese  
16 oz chopped frozen spinach, Thawed, with as much liquid as possible drained out  
3 Spinach and Asiago Cheese Chicken brats, (I used Chicken sausage from Sam's Club)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Cook sausage, I did mine in toaster oven on broiler setting,
turning occasionally.
Put pasta on to cook, according to package directions.
Saute, onions mushrooms and garlic until nicely cooked. Add
spinach to heat at the end.
Cut cooked sausage into bite sized pieces and add to spinach
mixture.
Drain and rinse (yes, rinse! It removes a lot of starch!)
pasta. Add to spinach mixture.
Pour jar of Alfredo sauce over mixture and stir.
Top with both cheeses and bake about 15 minutes until cheese
is melted.

Enjoy!
Made up by me on 3-26-12!

No comments:

Post a Comment