Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Monday, October 18, 2010

Creamy, creamy, this one sounds dreamy…

I can’t wait to try this one, the recipe originally called for bone in chicken, I changed that and a few other things to “skinny it down” Julie style! I love the crock pot, I am not sure if I have ever mentioned it, but I am the single mom of a beautiful eight year old girl (I do have a live in boyfriend and we have his three kids every other weekend and on Wednesdays), I work full time and also go to school!  So having dinner ready when I come home some days is a welcome thing! (I love to cook and it still counts if I put it all in the pot, right?)  Let me know what you think if you try it before I do!  
 
Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Veggies 
7 Points Plus (5 Points-old system)
8 Servings

 
Ingredients
 
4 breast(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved    
1 t salt    
1/4 t black pepper    
1 1/2 lbs potatoes, halved    
1 lbs baby carrots    
1 medium onion, chopped    
3 cloves, minced    
14 oz fat-free chicken broth    
1 c fat-free sour cream    
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard    
3 Tbsp honey    
1 tsp dried thyme    
3 Tbsp whole wheat flour    
Instructions
 
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat large skillet, sprayed with non-stick spray and brown chicken, skin side down, until skin is brown.
In 4-5 quart slow cooker, place potatoes, carrots and onion. Top with chicken. Pour chicken broth over all. Cover crock pot and cook on low for 8-9 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.
In small bowl, stir together light sour cream, mustard, honey, flour, pepper, and thyme until well blended. Stir into mixture in crock pot and turn heat to high. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment