Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How about a little Eye-talian (kidding, I don’t really say it like that, except for emphasis…) on Fat Tuesday!

Actually I don’t care if it is from Turkmenistan (just looking for an obscure country there…nothing more!) as long as it is covered or filled with CHEESE!  Remember that old commercial with Chester Cheetah, I think?  “It Ain’t Easy Being Cheesy” Darn straight, it makes me fat and I don’t mean Phat as in the good way…my point being that we have to be smarter than the cheese and use it wisely…sure is tough some days…Try this one you’ll like it!  I do!


Baked Rigatoni with Three Cheese 
7 Points Plus (5 Points-old system)
6 Servings

Ingredients

 12 oz uncooked rigatoni    
 3/4 c canned tomato sauce    
 1/2 c fat-free half-and-half    
 1/4 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese    
 2 T part-skim ricotta cheese    
 1 oz Gorgonzola cheese    (Asiago or Parmesan will work also)

Instructions

Cook pasta and keep warm.
Meanwhile preheat oven to 500. Spray a 9x13 dish.
Combine the sauce, half and half, mozzarella and gorgonzola in a medium bowl.
Add hot pasta and toss to coat. Spread the mixture evenly in prepared baking dish and bake for about 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment