Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Let’s talk turkey on Fat Tuesday!

I have tried more than a few turkey burgers in my day, and come into contact with yours and my share of turkeys in the course of my lifetime,  (and I am not talking about our fine feathered friends here peeps!), but that is another story for another day…well maybe not…we might need cocktails for that one…I will just let sleeping turkeys lie…anywhooo…I haven’t tried this one but I am going to in the next few days, because….hmmm…IT HAS CHEESE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!!. (And besides that it just sounds delish, I am a big fan of onion soup mix!  It gives you a big bang for ZERO bucks or points as we so affectionately call them)   I have one more recipe for Turkey burgers that I will post on another day, that one is tried and true!  Everyone in the family loves it!  I have found the biggest trick with turkey burgers is this:

Make sure they are done! BUT DON’T OVERCOOK THEM!

Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burgers 
7 Points Plus (5 Points-old system)
5 Servings

Ingredients

1 pkg Onion Soup Mix    
1/2 t garlic powder    
1/2 T Worcestershire sauce    
1/8 t table salt    
1/8 t black pepper, dash    
1 1/4 lbs lean ground turkey    
1/2 c sweet red pepper    
1/2 c shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese    
 5 light hamburger buns

Instructions

In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 thin patties. Spoon red pepper and cheese onto center of five patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
Grill burgers, covered over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 and juices run clear. Serve on buns and top with favorite toppings, being sure to count points.


No comments:

Post a Comment