Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Feeling like a dip? Don’t worry, happens to me all the time…

Ok, well lets just not go there, I could regale you with all sorts of stories about my “dippy”ness, but I really don’t have that much time!…ok there was that one time when my slip fell off in the checkout line at Walgreen’s (true story!), however if I started in on those kinds of things it would entirely change the focus of our time here together!  Let's just say that I am usually my own best entertainment! (FYI - The cow in the picture is supposed to be an "embarrassed cow"...hmmm do you think that happens a lot?)

 I bet those Wonton crisps, spiced with a little Cumin would be good with this dip!

Black Bean and Poblano Dip 
1 Points Plus (0 Points-old system)
12 Servings

Serve this with chips or as a condiment for grilled pork chops or chicken. If you like a lot of heat, add chipotle chili powder or a fresh jalapeño — or both.

Ingredients

2 c poblano chile, fresh, seeded, deveined, chopped (about 4 medium)    
14 1/2 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained    
1 c cilantro, fresh, leaves (or dried - reduce to 1/3 cup)
1 t table salt    
1 c scallions, chopped    
1 c tomatoes, chopped    
2 T fresh lime juice (or bottled)

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender; process to desired consistency. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment