Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Friday, October 29, 2010

TGIF – Thank God It’s Fiesta! I mean Friday, no actually I mean both!

I love salsa, I mean I LOVE IT!  I can put salsa on most any kind of food!  Do you ever make your own?  If not I have a great secret for making your own instant (or large batches for canning) salsa!  Great tasting, I rarely buy anything else!  The secret is Mrs. Wages (www.mrswages.com)

I use the instant salsa’s mainly, Classic and Jalapeno, sometimes mixing them!  These are both 0 points per serving and are delicious!  I have also used the big envelopes and canned it, but I seem to prefer the instant for a fresher taste.  If you can’t find them in your local store, go to the website and look for a store, or purchase them online (very reasonably priced, about a $1.25 per envelope, I buy them in cases, 12 at a time and then they are about a $1.12 each). 

For the instant salsa you need one envelope of mix and a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes.  Mix and refrigerate for 15 or so minutes at a minimum and voila!  I usually always have some of this mixed up in the fridge! 

Mrs. Wages, has all sorts of good stuff – you should check out the site!  Pickle mix is good also (she has refrigerator pickles – no processing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment