Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Thursday, October 28, 2010

It’s feeling a bit “crisp” out there today in my neck of the woods…how about yours?

Speaking of crisp…who doesn’t love crispy chips?  (I do, I do!!)  Now in the not so distant past, I would want the slathered (yes, slathered) in some sort of tasty but truly fattening dip, however, I seem to have gotten my wits about me somewhat...(whew...finally!) Here is an idea for making your own! I would personally cut these in half diagonally so as to get double for my serving – maybe even quarters, depending on the size of your Wonton wrappers!  

Baked Garlic-Herb Wonton Crisps 
3 Points Plus (2 Points-old system)
4 Servings
 
Tired of plain, baked chips? These fresh herb-and-garlic wonton crisps will easily satisfy your need to crunch.

Ingredients

20 Wonton wrappers
2 sprays cooking spray    
1 t minced garlic    
1 T thyme, fresh, chopped    
1 T rosemary, fresh, chopped    

Instructions
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and place Wonton wrappers on sheet in a single layer. Bake for 2 minutes; remove from oven.

Flip wrappers; sprinkle with garlic and herbs. Lightly coat wrappers with cooking spray and bake for 2 minutes more. Remove from oven and place wrappers on a wire rack to cool. Yields 5 “crisps” per serving.

Notes
You can use any combination of freshly chopped herbs in this recipe such as thyme, parsley, rosemary and/or basil.  Make these into your own personal flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment