Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sorry all, I left you hanging on Fiesta Friday; I just didn’t get time to post the recipes!

I have some stuffed peppers – Mexican Style today, I haven’t tried these but they sound yummy.   I love stuffed peppers the “regular” way and since I love Mexican, I am pretty sure I will be all over these!  I think they are pretty kid friendly, but as my 8 year old doesn’t like peppers, I will either let her eat the “goodies” out of it then give me the pepper for an extra veggie serving, or scoop it out before I serve it to her!

Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers 
7 Points Plus (5 Points-old system)
6 Servings

Ingredients
1/3 c onion, chopped    
2 1/2 c cooked white rice    
1 1/4 c salsa, divided    
1/2 c celery, chopped    
1 T canned green chili peppers    
1 t chili powder    
1/4 t table salt    
1 c Reduced Fat Shredded Mexican-Style Cheese    
6 medium sweet red peppers, or green    
12 oz cooked extra lean ground beef    

Instructions

* Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
* In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, 1 cup salsa, chilies, chili powder and salt. Spoon into peppers.
* Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup water to dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and top with remaining salsa. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Light and Tasty magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment