Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Friday, October 8, 2010

Look out Col. Sanders, this Oven Fried Chicken is da bomb! (Boy, did I really just say that? How old do I think I am anyway?)

Well it sure ain't KFC, but who can afford the points for that?  Not me that's for sure...I would much rather spend those extras on a cocktail! (or two!)  I found this in my handy dandy, everybody has one, Better Homes and Garden Cookbook (you know the one with the red plaid cover? Although mine happens to be pink plaid for breast cancer awareness, but I digress...) I tried this last night with chicken thighs (bone in, skin off) and it was very good however it had too many points for me to feel like I was getting enough to eat.. The crunchy coating really gave me the, I am having fried chicken feeling (what feeling is that anyway?  New one for me, but you get my drift, right?)  I have changed recipe to boneless, skinless breasts and am going to try it that way next time. I also have a copy cat , WW friendly KFC coleslaw recipe somewhere!  I will try to dig that one up this weekend! 

Oven Fried Chicken

4 Points Plus (4 Points -old system)
8 Servings:

Preparation Time: 
20 min
Cooking Time: 
35 or 40 min
Level of Difficulty:
 Moderate

375

Ingredients



3 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
1/2 tsp paprika   

1 tsp Thyme leaves   

1/2 tsp black pepper   

25 cracker(s) Keebler Crackers Town House Original Crackers   
1/4 cup(s) Egg Beaters Egg Beaters   

1 tsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray   
4 breast(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 halves 

Instructions

Beat egg beaters and milk together in small bowl. In shallow dish mix crushed crackers and spices.
Dip chicken in egg mixture then crumbs. Place in sprayed baking dish, not touching. Spray lightly with buttery spray.
Bake at 375 until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment