Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Monday, October 4, 2010

Ok, I have the biggest zucchini in the history of the universe to use up...

So what to do with this new piece of furniture? (Seriously, it is almost as big as my couch!) I also had some eggplant to use up so I went searching for a recipe to use them both in! I found one on another site and then "skinnied" it up! I loved it! I served it to the five other members of my family and got these results: 2 "loves", 2 "pretty goods", 1 "not my favorite, but I ate it anyway" and 1 "I don't like it Mama" (from my 8 year old and does she really count for this type of recipe anyway?) Here it is: (You could also delete the meat and lose 2 points per serving!) All of this information came when I put it in my Recipe Builder! Let me know what you think!

EGGPLANT ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
6 Points Plus (5 Points-old system)
8 Servings


Ingredients
16 oz Tomato Sauce, No Salt Added
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground basil
1/2 tsp Marjoram, dried
2 clove(s) garlic clove(s)
1 medium raw eggplant
2 medium zucchini
3 medium celery
1 medium onion(s)
1 medium bell pepper(s)
4 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 oz provolone cheese
1 oz Parmesan cheese
16 oz cooked ground beef 5-7% fat
2 oz uncooked fettuccine

Instructions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9"x13" casserole dish with oil spray. In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, herbs and garlic. Mix well and set aside.

In prepared casserole dish, arrange half of the eggplant slices in a single layer. Top with half of each of the following: zucchini slices, spaghetti, celery, onion and bell pepper. Next, arrange 9 slices of cheese over this, and spoon half of tomato mixture on top of cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake 1 hour until vegetables are tender. Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment