Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

White Lasagna....Easy Cheesy!!

 Ok, so I love cheese...I mean really love cheese...I could sit and eat a block of cheese and think nothing of it...thank goodness I am getting some control over cheese!  I am not a binge eater, but I sure just love the taste of some things and could (and have on more than one occasion!) just gorge myself...anybody feel me here?  Anybody wanna commiserate on our loss of cheese?  No wait, try this recipe instead!  I loved it and it got rave reviews from the other 5 members of my household!  Give it a whirl and tell me what you think!


White Lasagna
6 Points Plus (4 Points-old system)
8 Servings


26 oz canned low-fat cream of mushroom soup
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1 cup(s) water
10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
7 oz low-fat sausage, Soy, frozen, or fat-free, thawed and crumbled
1 cup(s) fat-free ricotta cheese
1 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
9 piece(s) no cook lasagna noodles
8 1/2 tsp parsley, or flat leave, whole

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.

To make the sauce, whisk together the mushroom soup, milk, and water in a large bowl; set aside. 

Combine the spinach, sausage, ricotta, mozzarella, and 1 cup of the sauce in a large bowl.  

Spoon 1 cup of the remaining sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange 3 of the lasagna noodles over the sauce. Spoon half of the spinach mixture over the noodles; top with one-third of the remaining sauce. Repeat layering once with the noodles, spinach mixture, and sauce. Top with the remaining noodles and remaining sauce. 

Arrange parsley leaves on the sauce in a decorative pattern. Cover the lasagna loosely with foil and bake until hot and bubbly, about 50 minutes. 

Let the lasagna stand about 10 minutes before serving. 

Yields 1⁄8 of lasagna per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment