Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Fiesta Friday to all of you! You know why I love Mexican food?

(Come on, think about it…BECAUSE IT IS USUALLY COVERED WITH CHEESE!)  Haven’t you been paying attention?  (Kidding, sometimes I just have to amuse myself you know!) One thing to remember is, that you can usually take one of your own tried and true favorite recipes and "skinny it down".  I do this all the time and the Recipe Builder on the WW site is a great tool for this! I haven’t tried this one yet, but my babysitter was cooking it as I picked up my girl last night and it smelled so fabulous (thanks Vikki!), I am going to make it tomorrow night!  I reduced the amount of cheese that her recipe called for and used baked chips to make the points manageable!  I think it will taste great!


Taco Casserole 
Points Plus (5 Points-old system)
6 Servings

Ingredients

1 lb 90% lean/10% fat ground beef    
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 small onion, Chopped    
16 oz canned diced tomatoes    
12 item(s) baked low-fat tortilla chips, Broken into smaller pieces    
4 oz low-fat shredded cheddar cheese    

Instructions

Brown ground beef with onion and then add taco seasoning, cook according to package directions.
Mix meat, tomatoes, cheese and chips in sprayed casserole.
Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes.
I would probably serve with lettuce and tomato! May serve with chips and/or sour cream but don't forget to count the points!

No comments:

Post a Comment