Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's Fat Tuesday again! Oh jeez I mean it's "Cheese Day"...is there really a difference?

Why I am glad you asked!  (Ok, so I asked myself...isn't blogging really just an acceptable form of talking to yourself anyway?)  The difference is these delicious cheesy low fat recipes, Cheese day doesn't have to mean Fat Tuesday!  Never mind all that, two important things today!! 

1.  IT'S CHEESE DAY!! 
2. It's my official one week anniversary!  My little baby blog was born last week, same day, maybe not same time, I think I am getting a little misty....Oh wait, I will be ok, I have a new CHEESY recipe for you! 

LOW FAT CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE
4 Points Plus - 12 Servings (3 Points at 12 servings-old system)
or:
5 Points Plus - 10 Servings (4 Points at 10 servings-old system)

2 tbsp. butter
1 (10 3/4 oz.) low fat cream of chicken soup
1 (6 oz.) low fat sour cream
1 1/2 c. shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
1 (32 oz.) pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes (I think you can use either shredded or cubed style, the points are pretty comparable)
3/4 c. corn flake crumbs
Vegetable oil spray

Heat butter, sour cream, soup and cheese until cheese melts. Spray with oil a 9x13 inch dish. Put potatoes in dish. Pour cheese mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with corn flake crumbs. Spray lightly with oil spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serves 10-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment