Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Peter Peter, Pumpkin eater….Ok, how often do you just get to say that in real life!

(Umm…how many of you are saying, “How often do you want to?” Never mind I don’t want to know!) Being new to this blogging thing, I am wondering, Is blogging simply an acceptable form of talking to one’s self? I’m good with that….Ok now back to Peter and the unveiling of Tidbit Thursday! I haven’t tried these yet, but they seem like they would be scrumptious, but you know how I love cheese. (Did you notice that this is the first time this week – ok today – that I have mentioned CHEESE!) I am trying to get used to not saying it everyday, I am hoping it will help my addiction, is it a little ironic that my first tidbit is full of CHEESE or WHAT!??! I subbed Parmesan in this one for the Romano originally called for because they are fairly similar in flavor and it’s more likely that I will have Parmesan in my house at any given time than Romano. (Ok, I give up, there is ALWAYS fresh Parmesan in my house!) Have you ever tried it? Nothing like that stuff in the can, you need way less and the flavor is so much more intense! Lemme know what you think! This one is just in time for Halloween and Thanksgiving, two of my faves! It came from a Taste of Home email that I got!

Peter Pumpkin Cheese Puffs Recipe
1 Points Plus (1 Point -old system)
10 Servings

Ingredients

1/2 t balsamic vinegar
1/2 c water
1/4 t salt
1/4 oz food coloring, Yellow (4 drops)
1/2 c Egg Beaters Egg Beaters
1 c parsley, 20 Sprigs, stems removed
2 T fat-free cream cheese
1/4 c fat-free margarine, Cubed
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c whole wheat flour

Instructions

* In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and vinegar. Cover and refrigerate. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
* In a small bowl, combine the yellow and red food coloring; stir Romano cheese and food coloring into dough. Add eggs, one at a time; beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
* Drop by level tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment