Badges

As Featured On EzineArticles Business 2 Blogger Bloggers Discussion Community Proud member of FoodBlogs &pg=personal&fr_id=">My Making Strides Page

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I guess I am stuck on Fiesta Friday so much that here is a soup with a little bit o’ Mexican flavor to it!

This is not my mama’s chicken soup, which is good, cuz I’m not my mama, and neither are you, as fabulous as she may be!  (Well ok, sometimes when I am talking to my child…)  Sorry for the late posting, it’s been a crazy day (are they all crazy or is just me or am I all crazy?), NEVER MIND, DON’T ANSWER THAT!  I prefer to call it cute, quirky, funny…well you get the idea, right?  Try this little number on for size all my little epicureans, (and by little I mean – soon we are all gonna be!!) 

Chicken and Black Bean Soup 
4 Points Plus (3 Points-old system)
8 Servings


Ingredients
2 t canola oil    
1 medium onion finely chopped    
1 medium carrot, Chopped    
1/2 large sweet red pepper, Chopped    
1 t Ground cumin    
1 t chili powder    
30 oz canned black beans, (2 Cans), drained and rinsed    
3 c fat-free chicken broth    
16 oz salsa, 1 Jar - you pick temperature according to your tats    
1 1/2 c cooked chicken breast, Cubed    

Instructions

Heat oil on medium heat in a Dutch oven or soup pot. Sauté onions, carrots and peppers for 5 minutes.
Stir in cumin and chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
Add black beans, broth and salsa. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in cooked chicken and simmer for 5 more minutes.
You can make this 6 servings for 4 points!

No comments:

Post a Comment